This resource page contains posts that I find myself returning to over and over again for miles and points information. Anything you see on this page is a GREAT opportunity to maximize travel value so that you can DO MORE AND LOVE EVERY MINUTE!
- 13 Tips and Tricks for Redeeming the Alaska Airlines Companion Fare by Travel Codex - All the different ways to create the most value out of the Alaska Air Companion Pass, which can be had by carrying the Alaska Air credit card.
AirFrance/KLM Flying Blue Rewards Program
- Best Use of Flying Blue by Travel Is Free - Highlights some great opportunities for taking advantage of atypical award charts, which put Mexico, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands in North America for 12,500 each way and also allows travel from Hawaii to Central America for the same price! One other really good option is US to Israel round-trip for 50,000 flying blue miles.
- Sweetspots with Singapore Krisflyer Miles #2: Awards on United and Partner Flights by MileValue - Many great options for maximizing value using partners. Perhaps the best example is that Singapore considers Hawaii and Central America to be in the same flying zone, so you can fly round-trip for 35,000 miles, including a stopover in the US.
- Using Singapore Miles to save 20,000 Miles Within South America by Milevalue - Because Singapore doesn't split South America into two sections, flights from the northern part of the continent (ex: Colombia) to the southern part (ex: Santiago, Buenos Aires) are much cheaper redemptions. A seven-hour flight from Bogota to Buenos Aires, for example, costs only 12,500 miles or 20,000 in business class with a lie-flat bed.
- A Helpful Resource for Free One-Ways with the New United Award System by ThorpeTravel - An in-depth post on all the best city-pairs to maximize free one-ways using the United excursionist perk, plus examples!